PAGES is an international program that coordinates and promotes research on past changes of climate and the environment. The successful applicant will take over project organization and coordination, as well as some science communication and office management.
The ideal candidate will be a motivated individual with a background in project management and/or science communication, good communication and organizational skills, and a general appreciation for climatic and environmental science. Native speaker level of written and spoken English is required, German is considered an advantage.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Planning and organization of meetings;
- Preparation of meeting documents;
- Organization and maintenance of hardcopy and digital project files;
- Editing English text for publications and correspondence;
- Acting as point of contact for PAGES members and updating the
- Developing and editing content for PAGES website; and
- Communicating PAGES science and news to the community and general
This position is part-time, and expected to start Monday, 1 February 2010.
To apply, please email a PDF attachment of your cover letter and curriculum vitae to Thorsten Kiefer at: email@example.com
Application Deadline: Monday, 14 December 2009
For further information, please click on the 'Position at PAGES IPO'
link at: http://www.pages-igbp.org/
Past Global Changes seeks Project and Communications Officer
Thu, Dec 03, 2009
Past Global Changes (PAGES) seeks a Project and Communications Officer. The position is based at the PAGES International Project Office in Bern, Switzerland.