The Alaska Center for Energy and Power at the University of Alaska Fairbanks seeks applicants to fill the position of Rural Energy Specialist.
The application deadline is Wednesday, 4 March 2009, at 5:00pm Alaska Standard Time. The purpose of this position is to provide coordination of programs and projects involving the development, implementation, and evaluation of alternative and renewable energy systems in Interior Alaska villages.
The successful candidate must meet the following qualifications:
- BA in Engineering, Business, Environmental Science, or related field (or equivalent experience);
- Analytical skills to assess energy information;
- Interpersonal communication and organizational skills;
- A good understanding of the physical sciences;
- A general knowledge of renewable energy, energy efficiency, and/or bio-fuel;
- A good understanding of general engineering principles as well as arctic engineering fundamentals; and
- Presentation and writing skills.
To apply, please attach a cover letter, resume, and references to the online application