- Industry Capacity to Respond to Potential Arctic Oil Spill Off Alaska Questioned
- Arctic Governments and Indigenous Peoples To Ponder Offshore Drilling at June Meeting
- Norway Minister Warns BP Oil Spill Could Happen in Norwegian Waters
- BP Spill Could Thwart Industry Push Into Norwegian Arctic
- Gulf Spill Prompts Reality Check for Canadian Industry
- Canadian Offshore Drilling Regulations Relaxed Last Year
With more and more ships traveling Arctic waters, it's only a matter of time before there's a serious shipping accident, a Montreal conference is told. The waters round Nunavut are particularly vulnerable. undefined
China: Arctic Resources are Global, Not Regional
Beijing pledges to increase Arctic research, saying it has the right to exploration.
- Norway Should Limit Arctic Soot to Slow Warming
- Sharp Rise in Statoil First Quarter Profits
- Norway Government Will Not Pull Plug on Statoil Tar Sands Involvement
- U.S. Fish and Wildlife To Review Arctic Refuge Boundaries
- Law of the Sea Has Broad Support But Little Chance of Ratification in U.S.
- Death of Enigmatic Former Alaska Governor Wally Hickel
- Arctic Expert Files For Alaska Lt. Governor
- Who's In Charge of U.S. Arctic Policy?
- Joint Russia-Norway Military Exercises in Barents Sea
- Smuggled Reindeer Horn Trade Uncovered
U.S. Strategic Interests in the Arctic. An Assessment of Current Challenges and New Opportunities for Cooperation. CSIS Europe Program