We identified the following issues to be most relevant to this workshop, but would welcome
your suggestions for additional topics:
- Microbial diversity and biogeography of permafrost environments
- Metabolic activity at subzero temperature
- Mechanisms of microbial adaptation and survival in permafrost environments
- Permafrost astrobiology
- Plant-microbe interaction
- Microbial communities and global change
- Carbon and nitrogen turnover
- Microbial gene pool of cold environments
- Data management and feed into global microbiological databases
- The active layer and beyond: What depths are most relevant to investigate microbiological metabolism, function and community structure?
- In what way can the MicroPerm project provide a platform to integrate knowledge on microorganisms?
- What framework can the MicroPerm project propose to ensure that field studies are undertaken in a consistent manner at site level?