During the meetings of the UArctic Board of Governors and senior management (Ma-Mawi) in Levi, Finland in December 2012 the External Review Team conducted their review. Their findings and recommendations are detailed in the report, which will now be taken forward into the next Board meeting where they will help shape the UArctic Strategic Plan.
External Review Team members:
Tony Penikett, (Chair), Arctic Security Program Advisor, Walter & Duncan Gordon Foundation, Toronto
• Ingvild Broch,
former Director of Research University of Tromsø and leader of BEAR Working Group for Higher Education and Research
• Bernd Waechter, Director of Academic Cooperation Association, Belgium
• Daniel J. Julius, Executive Director of the LEVIN INSTITUTE, State University of New York (SUNY) Levin Institute.
• Olav Orheim, former director, Norwegian Polar Institute, Norway
• Arnaq Grove, Associate professor, University of Copenhagen; University of Greenland
• Anni-Siiri Länsman, Director, Giellagas Institute, University of Oulu, Finland
• Björn Dahlbäck, Director, Swedish Polar Research Secretariat
• Vladimir Pavlenko, Director of the Center for Arctic Studies, Ural Branch of the Russian Academy of Sciences
Guðfriður Lilja Grétarsdóttir, Member of Parliament, Iceland, and Dmitry Berezhkov, Center for Nordlige Folk AS, Fossen, Norway were also appointed to the ERT but were unable to take part in the Levi meeting. They have consequently
not participated in the ERT’s deliberations
The University of the Arctic thanks the External Review Team for their hard work and thoughtful contributions in preparing this report. UArctic and the authors wish to express their thanks to the
University of Lapland, the Danish Agency for Science Technology and
Innovation (Ministry of Science Technology and Innovation), the
Norwegian Ministry of Foreign Affairs, and the Norwegian Ministry of Education and Research for their support of this External Review.
UArctic External Review report published
Mon, Mar 11, 2013
The Report from the University of the Arctic’s External Review Team is now available. As part of the process of developing the next UArctic Strategic Plan, an External Review of the University of the Arctic was organized at the request of the Board of Governors. The External Review Team was chaired by Tony Penikett (Canada) and coordinated by Ingvild Broch (Norway), and team members included high-level representatives of education, science, and government from across the North.