Hosted by the University of Northern British Columbia / UNBC, this year's Council meeting will be held from Tuesday, May 20th through to Wednesday, May 21st, while meetings for the various UArctic program teams and council committees will be held on May 19th and 22nd (see Council 2014 - Preliminary program). Although slight changes to the program are still possible, this preliminary version is precise enough to serve as a guide for meeting and travel planning.
Extensive information about the Council meeting, including an online registration link, details on accommodation options, travel suggestions, and visa invitation letters are available from UNBC's "UArctic 2014" web-pages.
The registration fee is EUR 200.00, and the deadline for registrations in May 12th.
- Monday May 19th = side-meetings for different Council Committees and Program Teams are arranged. Participation to these meeting is by invitation only.
- Tuesday May 20th = the first session will begin with an "Introduction to UArctic”, and this should be of particular interest to new members and new delegates.
- Wednesday May 21st = a joint UArctic and ICASS reception will be held after the Council meeting has ended; and this will be followed by a UArctic Dinner.
- Thursday May 22nd = a side-meeting for North2north Members and Partners and a side-meeting for the BCS Revision Team will be held during the day.
Council Meeting Agenda and Documents:
In accordance with UArctic’s Bylaws, the Council meeting agenda and supporting documents will be shared with all Council members no later than two weeks prior to the start of the meeting (at latest by May 6th). Note: These document will only be made available from the secure UArctic internal website for Council members.
We look forward to seeing you in Prince George, and should you have any question before then, please do not hesitate to contact us.
- For questions about the Council meeting agenda, please contact Outi Snellman, UArctic Vice President Administration, at email@example.com
- For questions on registration and participation matters, contact the UArctic International Secretariat / Secretariat@uarctic.org
- For questions about travel to Prince George, on campus accommodation or other logistics, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- For questions about Visa invitation letters, please contact email@example.com
17th meeting of the Council of UArctic
Thu, Feb 20, 2014
The 17th meeting of the Council of UArctic will be held in Prince George, British Columbia, Canada from May 20th to 21st, 2014.