Over the last four years, several hundreds of participants have benefited from these joint courses conducted by UPEACE-HRC and HREA. The courses can also be taken for two graduate academic credits offered by UPEACE.
Participation is limited to 25 persons per course. Below are the courses offered for the period January-July 2014.
19 March-29 April
• Corporate Social Responsibility
• Environment & Human Rights
• 1st Annual Environment and Human Rights Course & Field Visit in Costa Rica (19 March-29 April 2014 and 2-7 June 2014)
7 May-17 June
• Health and Human Rights
21 May-1 July
• International Human Rights Law (Foundation Course)
• Development and Human Rights: Implications for the Globalised World
4 June-15 July
• Indigenous Peoples' Rights
• 4th Annual Indigenous Peoples' Rights Course & Field Visit in Costa Rica (4 June-15 July and 4-10 August 2014)
Please find attached the flyer for the upcoming courses. We also request you to kindly help disseminate this information to interested persons.
UN mandated University for Peace
UPEACE-HRC and HREA Upcoming Joint Courses
Tue, Feb 04, 2014
The Human Rights Centre of the United Nations mandated University for Peace (UPEACE-HRC) and Human Rights Education Associates (HREA) jointly conduct several professional e-learning courses throughout the year on diverse range of human rights issues. These six-week certificate courses are aimed at professionals working with the United Nations and other international governmental organizations, government officials, NGO staff, development workers, human rights advocates, academics and students. In addition to the e-learning courses, two blended learning courses (e-learning + field visits in Costa Rica) are also offered on the topics of 'Environment and Human Rights' and 'Indigenous Peoples' Rights'.