The project’s final workshop “Elderly & The Arctic Change” will be held on the 4th and 5th of September, 2014 at the University of Lapland, Finland.
The final workshop will include the following keynote speakers:
- Dr. Lena Wennberg, Umeå University, Sweden
- Prof. Jyrki Jyrkämä, University of Jyväskylä, Finland
- Dr. Pirjo Nikander, University of Tampere, Finland
- Associate Prof. Joan R. Harbison, Dalhousie University, Halifax, Canada
- Principle Sirgid Stånberg, Sami school in Tarnåby, Sweden
In its final phase, the project will result in three things:
a) an edited volume consisting of the research contributions by the project participants on the theme of the project;
b) a policy recommendation report highlighting the active “inclusion” of older people, and offering a gender dimension in such inclusion, based on the dialogues to be held among the project participants; and
c) creation of a platform for further research and study on the theme.
Full details about the final workshop are available HERE.