The conference offers the opportunities to discuss the following issues:
- Priorities and problems of border regions in the new geopolitical conditions and an escalation of international tension;
- The economic security of border regions;
- Social and economic differentiation of border regions;
- New institutions of economic cooperation between border regions;
- Features of regional policy in relation of border regions;
- Import substitution as a factor of development of border regions;
- Cross-border cooperation and modernization of the economy;
- Investment climate and foreign investment in border regions;
- Migration in border regions;
- The practice of cross-border cooperation at the municipal level.
Registration deadline is May 25th, 2015. Personal participation is acceptable only.
The Organizing Committee will recommend reports for publication in the scientific journal "Proceedings of the Karelian Research Center of the Russian Academy of Sciences. Region: Economics and Management Series".