The Arctic Cooperation Programme is designed to help collate and co-ordinate the work relating to the Arctic within the framework of the Nordic Council of Ministers and its institutions. Within the overall objectives and focus areas introduced below, the following will be prioritized in the period 2015-17:
- Activities that include Arctic and Nordic involvement and are within the frameworks of the objectives focus areas and criteria set by the Arctic Co-operation Programme.
- Activities that are in line with current political priorities, including those of the ministerial councils' and of the countries' Arctic strategies, etc.
Four areas of cooperation have been drawn up for the Nordic Council of Ministers' Arctic Cooperation Programme 2015-2017:
- Sustainable economic development
- Environment, nature and climate
- Education and skills enhancement
For more information visit Nordic Centre for Spatial Development(Nordregio) website.