The Korean Arctic Partnership Week takes place Dec 6-9, hosted by the Korean Ministry of Ocean and Fisheries in cooperations with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Ministry of Science, ICT and Future Planning, Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Norway and is organized by the Korea Maritime Institute, Korea Polar Research Institute, Embassy of Norway in Korea, Youngsan University, Korea Institute of Geoscience and Mineral Resources, Korea National Maritime Museum, Busan Metropolitan City.
Eleven of the UArctic students who had earlier participanted Korea Arctic Academy in 2015 and 2016 were invited to give presentations under the session Dialogue with Our Future
Generation. The session was introduced by Korea's Ambassador for Arctic Affairs Kim Chan-woo and chaired by UArctic's Scott Forrest.
The student presentations were as follows:
- Fredrik Angell - Science Diplomacy
- Alexandria Griepp - Global Warming and Northern Alaska; Migration Patterns, Hunting Traditions and The Politics in Commercial Fishing
- Tiina Takala - Clean Arctic air – the meanings given to the clean air of Lapland by Chinese tourists
Valerie Young - My experience with qaujigiartiit health research centre
- Elizabeth Bowman - Arctic Science Diplomacy: Partnerships for the Future
- Sergei Evseev - Marine Seismic Surveys in the Arctic: Experience of successful Russian-Chinese cooperation
- Alena Gerasimova - Food Culture of Reindeer Herding Peoples -Arctic Council EALLU project
- Marina Antonova - Ecological Ethics for the Arctic
- Elise Olsen - Permafrost
- Shelley Price - Sustainable Development?
- Laura Pudas - Free Prior & Informed Consent: Indigenous Consultation & Development in the Arctic