No press conference will be held. Two opportunities will be available for broadcast interviews with members of UArctic's leadership and member representatives. Requests for interviews should be made in advance.
- Tuesday Sept 13, 1600-1630 (SPbU University Conference Hall)
- Friday Sept 16, 1500-1530 (Mikhailovskaya Dacha campus of St. Petersburg State University)
Announcements and Press Releases
The University of the Arctic (UArctic) is a cooperative network of universities, colleges, research institutes and other organizations concerned with education and research in and about the North. UArctic builds and strengthens collective resources and collaborative infrastructure that enables member institutions to better serve their constituents and their regions. Through cooperation in education, research and outreach we enhance human capacity in the North, promote viable communities and sustainable economies, and forge global partnerships.
About Saint Petersburg State University
Saint Petersburg State University is the first University to be founded in Russia, by decree of Tsar Peter the Great in 1724. Since its foundation the core principle of University's education has been a strong combination of teaching and research.
Today there are 20 perfectly equipped resource centersintegrated into 21 Institutes and Faculties of SPbU, which carry out research work in the fields of mathematics, biology, physiology, chemistry, geography, geology, management, physics, sociology and other sciences.
Scientists and young researchers from all over the world are welcome in Saint-Petersburg University to conduct a wide variety of research and scientific activities like joint practical collaboration in resource centers and laboratories; field practice and trainings; preparing surveys; scientific supervising and consulting and even more.
About UArctic Congress 2016
Hosted by Saint Petersburg State University, the UArctic Congress 2016 will feature Science and Meeting sections, including:
- Acclaimed keynote speakers and scientific experts presenting their latest research.
- Parallel sessions on an array of Arctic science, policy, and education topics.
- Formal meetings for representatives of the Council of UArctic and UArctic Rectors’ Forum.
- Pre-Meetings to foster contacts and enhance networking.
- Opportunities for promoting and marketing your organization and activities.
- A UArctic Student Forum with workshops.
- A Cultural and Social program like no other.