The UArctic Congress 2022 takes place in Moscow, Russian Federation in October, 4 - 7 2022, hosted by Lomonosov Moscow State University. The UArctic Congress 2022 is part of Russian’s chairmanship of the Arctic Council (2021-2023) with the cross-cutting priority “Responsible Governance for Sustainable Arctic" promoting collective approaches to the sustainable development of the Arctic, environmentally, socially and economically balanced, enhancing synergy and cooperation and coordination with other regional structures, as well as implementation of the Council's Strategic Plan, while respecting the rule of law.
We welcome abstracts to 57 sessions under the themes focusing on Russia’s chairmanship priority themes:
1. Arctic Peoples, including Indigenous Peoples of the North
1.1. Indigenous Peoples of the Arctic
1.2. Arctic Youth
2. Environmental protection, including climate change
2.1. Climate change and the Arctic Environment
2.2. Prevention of emergencies
3. Socio-economic development in the region
3.1. Economic cooperation
3.2. Development of infrastructures and sustainable shipping
3.3. Arctic tourism
3.4. Arctic Cultures
4. Strengthening international Arctic cooperation, including education and research
The format of the presentation (oral or poster) can be proposed by the authors, but it will be decided by the Session convener(s), based on the scientific merit and the number of the accepted abstracts. In general, the sessions run either 60 or 90 minutes.
- Abstracts must be submitted in English via the Oxford Abstract on-line submission system to the preferred session (please see session descriptions here). Preferred session is chosen in Oxford Abstract as part of the submission form from the dropdown menu.
- The Oxford Abstract system will send an automatic confirmation message once the abstract has been successfully submitted.
- Abstracts must be submitted the latest by the announced deadline (February 15th, 16:00 CET). Please note that we will not accept late submissions. Notification of acceptance/rejection will be given by the end of March 2022.
- An abstract can be presented as an oral or poster presentation. Authors can indicate the preferred presentation type in the abstract submission. The Congress Program Committee will do its best to accommodate wishes, but reserves the right to decide upon presentation form. The scientific value of posters is equal to that of oral presentations.
- Abstracts of presenting authors who have not registered and paid the registration fee by registration deadline, will not be included in the final programme.
- The presenting author is required to ensure that all co-authors are aware of the content of the abstract and all agree to submit prior to the actual submission.
Please prepare the following information before you start your submission:
- Review the list of sessions (add link here as well to session descriptions) and select one that best fits your abstract topic. There is a comment box where you can state an alternate preferred session for your abstract.
- Abstract title – limited to 20 words. Title must appear in upper and lower case (e.g., The Arctic migration of people).
- Affiliation and author information. You must enter the names of all authors here - including yourself if you are an author - in the order in which you wish them to appear in the printed text. Names omitted will not be printed in the author index or in the final programme. Author(s) names must appear in upper and lower case (e.g. John C. Smith).
- Abstract text is limited to 250 words. Abstract text should include introduction, methods, results and conclusions. Tables, diagrams and references are not allowed.
- Presentation Type– here you will choose your preferred means of presentation – oral, poster.
- Interpretation from Russian to English – in case you are not able to present in English, please tick the box. Please note that there will be limited availability of the interpretation services. The service will be decided on the case-by-case basis.
- Permission to publish – ticking this box will give us permission to publish your abstract in electronic media and in hardcopy if it is accepted for presentation.
- Author will attend – at least one author should register in full to attend and present the paper at the Conference. By ticking the box you acknowledge and confirm this.
- Author Approval – finally, confirm that your submission has been approved by all authors.
Visa invitation requests and Congress registration opens in February 2022.
More information on Congress, including registration, can be found at: http://uarctic2022.msu.ru
Announcements of accepted abstracts by early March 2022 and Preliminary Program.
If you have questions please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org