- Creates shared knowledge, competences and resources by matching capacity to needs
- Connects traditional and indigenous knowledge systems with modern academia
- Partners with northern communities and indigenous populations to respond to their educational aspirations and requirements
- Bridges dialogue across different sectors and regions of the North, and with the world
- Builds shared services that facilitate and promote cooperation and collaboration
- Increases collaboration opportunities for our community of faculty, staff and students
- Promotes the collective views of its members and broadens the voice of the North in the world
UArctic's member institutions are the leading experts in circumpolar education, and offer many programs and courses on a wide variety of northern-related topics. Browse the UArctic Study Catalogue for educational opportunities that are right for you.
Students at participating institutions in the north2north Student Mobility program can apply for an exchange grant to another partner university.
For Faculty and Researchers
UArctic's Thematic Networks are the primary means of cooperation between member institutions and their faculty and researchers. The Research area of the website also offers additional information and resources related to northern science and research.
For Member Institutions
The Members area of our website provides all the information needed to participate in UArctic programs, promote their membership and participation in UArctic, and keep us updated on your profile and activities.