- UArctic maintains the foremost inventory of Arctic research capacity
- UArctic members are involved together in addressing critical Arctic research issues
- The Arctic Council and others look to UArctic and its members as their shared infrastructure to address relevant research needs
- UArctic Thematic Networks link educational and research programs that identify and respond to the strategic needs of the Arctic states
- UArctic develops new methods to combine academic research and traditional knowledge through participation by and with northern communities
- UArctic works with IASC, IASSA and other partners to build strong northern-relevant and collaborative research capacity in the North
Research Representation in the North
UArctic members are the key participants in Arctic research.