Pskov State University (PskovSU) is one of the 33 key regional universities in Russia. It is located in the city of Pskov - one of the oldest Russian cities, just an hour ride from the Russian border with Latvia and Estonia (European Union).
The university serves is a center of academic activity, which empowers educational, cultural, and scientific life in the Pskov Region.
Pskov region has a unique geographical location sharing borders with 3 states (Estonia, Latvia, and Belarus). It is a strategic center for cooperation between Russia and the European Union (especially the Baltic region countries).
Pskov State University offers studies at:
- The Institute for Medicine and Experimental Biology
- The Institute for Engineering Sciences
- The Institute for Mathematical Modelling and Game Studies
- The Institute for Humanities and Language Communication
- The Institute for Law, Economics and Management
- The Institute for Education and Social Sciences
- PskovSU College
- The Institute for Lifelong learning
- Center for the Russian Language and Culture (has made it to the Top-13 in Russia)
PskovSU is aiming at integration into the global educational space via domestic and international mobility of students and faculty; it has numerous cooperation agreements with foreign universities and has implemented more than 30 large-scale international projects over the past 5 years.
The University’s main objective is to empower the region's economy by enhancing the higher education programs and additional professional programs in the field of business and economy; to align the educational programs with European standards and the needs of the labour market in the Pskov region and beyond.
Facts and figures
|Total Number of Staff||1530|
|Number of Academic Staff||617|
|Number of Students||11118|
The research is carried out in 30 areas that belong to nine academic fields: Physics and Mathematics, Biology, Technology, History, Economy, Linguistics, Education, Psychology, and Geoscience.