Arctic State Institute of Culture and Art (ASICA), established in 2000, is the basic higher educational institution in the field of art and culture for the North-East of the Russian Federation.
The pride of the Institute is the teaching staff, currently numbering 93 people. Among them, 30 hold honorary titles of the Russian Federation and the Sakha Republic (Yakutia), 7 - PhD and 7 hold an academic title of Professor. 32 are Associate Professors.
There are 9 departments at the Institute:
- Department of Folk Art Culture
- Department of Art Criticism
- Department of Musicology
- Department of Dramatic Art
- Department of Social and Cultural Activities Management
- Department of Painting and Graphics
- Department of Library and Information Activities and Humanities
- Department of Design, Decorative and Applied Arts of the Arctic Peoples
- Department of Computing Science
The study process takes place in the equipped lecture rooms, choreographic halls, workshops for painting, graphics, design, artistic bone carving, specialized classes for singing, instrumental performance, theory and history of music, repertory halls for student theatre and folk instruments orchestra, the library and the music library.
Facts and figures
|Total Number of Staff||308|
|Number of Academic Staff||157|
|Number of Students||922|
Folklore and Ethno-Culture of the Peoples of the North
Research Сentre of Сircumpolar Сivilization