Travel awards are open to polar early career scientists and educators to be used to attend and present polar-related work at a conference
In this spring 2023 funding cycle, PSECCO will be distributing $5,000 of awards. Applicants may request a reasonable amount of funding to support their travel to/from a conference, up to a value of $900 per person, with awards aimed at those with demonstrated financial need. An additional $100 is available for awardees who organize a PSECCO social event at the conference.
To be eligible for funding, applicants must:
- Be an early career scientist (undergraduate to seven years beyond your terminal degree) OR be a currently practicing K-12 or informal educator,
- Be based in the United States and affiliated with a U.S.-based institution,
- Do polar-related research or educate about the polar regions,
- Have demonstrated financial need, and
- Be attending a conference taking place after 1 April and before 1 December 2023.
The grants can be used to support transportation, accommodation, per diem, meeting registration, abstract submission, and dependent care costs (if applicable). Other costs may be considered depending on the need and accompanying explanation.
To apply for the travel funding, fill out the Google form.
Application deadline: 15 March 2023
For more information, go to:
Conference Travel Grant webpage
For questions, contact: