The goals of the Thematic Network is to
- synergize the education on Arctic Engineering;
- enhance international and interdisciplinary cooperation in research and education;
- develop sustainable technologies through science and engineering.
- Facilitate student exchange programs.
- International semester in Sisimiut, Greenland arranged by the Arctic DTU.
- PhD course Frost in Geotechnical Engineering at Luleå University of Technology.
- Development and sharing of learning materials.
- Environmental Impact Assessment of Arctic Mineral Resources, The Arctic Technology Centre, ARTEK.
- Snow Engineering, Lapland University of Applied Sciences.
- Several online courses are offered at the University of Alaska Anchorage in conjunction with the Arctic Engineering specialization.
TN in Arctic Engineering presented at the UArctic Congress 2018 about Virtual Mining Education.
The University of Alaska Anchorage offers many distance delivery courses available for UArctic students that support the education for mining industry.
The Lapland University of the Applied Sciences has developed opportunities for students to study mining related jobs in virtual environment.
Members of the Arctic Engineering Thematic Network attended the Hokkaido Summer Institute’s 2017 Regional Development and Natural Resources in Cold Climate course alongside the Thematic Network on Arctic Sustainable Arts and Design. The report from the course can be found here.