The goals of the Thematic Network is to
- synergize the education on Arctic Engineering;
- enhance international and interdisciplinary cooperation in research and education;
- develop sustainable technologies through science and engineering.
- Facilitate student exchange programs.
- International semester in Sisimiut, Greenland arranged by the Arctic Technology Centre, ARTEK.
- PhD course Frost in Geotechnical Engineering at Luleå University of Technology.
- Development and sharing of learning materials.
- Environmental Impact Assessment of Arctic Mineral Resources, The Arctic Technology Centre, ARTEK.
- Snow Engineering, Lapland University of Applied Sciences.
- Several online courses are offered at the University of Alaska Anchorage in conjunction with the Arctic Engineering specialization.
Members of the Arctic Engineering Thematic Network attended the Hokkaido Summer Institute’s 2017 Regional Development and Natural Resources in Cold Climate course alongside the Thematic Network on Arctic Sustainable Arts and Design. The report from the course can be found here.