The aim of the TN is to exchange knowledge and research about E-learning, flexible education, and discussions of the methodology. It will focus on the learning processes, pedagogy, and appropriate information technologies necessary to deliver content to and support distant learners.
- Share experience from E-learning with members of the TN
- Identify the relevant challenges and problems in the field of E-learning in the Arctic countries
- Facilitate student and teacher exchange
- Facilitate collaborative research projects, conferences, and publications in the area
- Send applications for funding the network and activities within the network
Current and Planned Activities
- Barents Flora Online
- Making Cultural Heritage Online: Lars Levi Laestadius
- Publish a MOOC on Northern Lights (no funding yet)
- Start developing a joint north2north student PhD course on flexible education
Some past Activities
- Frontiers in Open and Distance Learning in the North. Special issue of IRRODL (4/2011)
- Creative use of LMS, wikis and mobile technologies for learning. Proceedings, 2012.
- History of Venus solar transit observations from the high North. Proceedings, 2013