The overall goal of Verdde - University Center for Mobility in Indigenous Education is to strengthen cooperation within UArctic in the field of teacher training, teaching of Indigenous minority languages and cultures.
- promoting cross-cultural professional development of educators through university approved certificates, diplomas and degrees;
- encouraging students, teachers, administrators, and university faculty to pursue
improved teaching and learning practices through mutually recognized effective
- offering high quality cross-institutional instructional programs that include exchange opportunities in each of the partner sites aimed at increased cross-cultural understanding;
- exploring shared research interests among faculty and students from each of the institutions and international partners;
- assisting each other in the development of exemplary curriculum and assessment
- encouraging ongoing sharing of cultural resources and communication about
educational issues using the internet and other electronic systems and technology;
- promoting increased historical and contemporary understanding between and
among Indigenous people throughout the circumpolar world;
- facilitating national and international exchange of students, faculty, and researchers to foster collaborative study and research.
- Traditional individual exchanges such as for an entire semester.
- Non-traditional exchanges are required, such as the exchange of groups with shorter stays.
- continue student and teacher exchange.
- Seminar 2014 fall/winter at SUC for partners
- Development of exemplary curriculum and assessment strategies
For more information on the Verdde program, see this interactive map.