In Greenland as well as in other arctic countries there is a strong will to get less dependent on fossil fuel. So there is no doubt that sustainable energy is a topic of high interest just now. Organizers welcome contributions, papers and posters within the following main headlines mentioned below. The conference will be held in mainly English. Translation from/to Greenlandic or Danish will be provided.
Energy systems in the Arctic:
• Efficiency of energy systems
• Energy savings
• Solar energy utilization: solar heating systems, heat pumps and PV systems
• Sustainable transportation by use of sun energy
• Mapping of wind resources and extreme wind conditions
• Specification of requirements for arctic windmills
• Estimation of suitable windmill sizes for Greenlandic conditions
• Use of windmills under arctic conditions
• Small windmills used for fresh water production
• Use of windmills for the generation of heating
• The accessibility to water resources in the Arctic – precipitation, melt water
• Integration of sustainable energy sources in isolated power systems Wind power, Hydro power, Tide power, PV-cells etc.
• Security of supply for isolated power systems
• Load management in isolated systems
Location and prices:
The conference will be held in Sisimiut at Sanaartornermik Ilinniarfik, the Building and Construction School, 3911 Sisimiut, Greenland. Conference fee including accommodation at Sanaartornermik Ilinniarfik (4 nights from 29 February-4 March 2008) and meals including gala dinner: 2.500,00 DKK Conference fee and gala dinner: 750,00 DKK
For more information please visit their website.