As a Circumpolar Young Leader, you will have the opportunity to:
• live and work in another circumpolar country and/or live and work in southern Canada;
• gain leadership skills;
• develop valuable relationships with other young northern Canadians;
• grow personally and professionally; and
• contribute meaningfully to a more sustainable and equitable future in the North.
To be eligible, you must:
• be a northern Canadian citizen or landed immigrant (originally from, or living in, the Northwest Territories, Nunavut,Yukon, or northern Quebec and Labrador);
• be 19–30 years of age (exceptions may apply);
• have demonstrated interest or experience in circumpolar issues;
• be computer and Internet literate, including word processing, e-mail skills and experience in using the World Wide Web for research and information delivery;
• have excellent oral and written communication skills in English;
• be able to live and work in multicultural environments; and
• be flexible and adaptable.
Each work placement requires different skills. Applicants' formal education as well as other experience will be taken into consideration.
Applications will be accepted until July 10, 2008, or until placements are filled. Placements will start in September. For more information on how to apply, please visit the program Web site at: http://www.iisd.org/interns/arctic
or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org