'Edited by Achim A. Beylich, Scott F. Lamoureux, and Armelle Decaulne, the special section includes the following:
- Sediment Budgets in Cold Environments - The SEDIBUD Program. Introduction by Achim A. Beylich, Scott F. Lamoureux, and Armelle Decaulne.
- Sediment Budget and Relief Development in Hrafndalur, Subarctic Oceanic Eastern Iceland, by Achim A. Beylich and Christof Kneisel.
- Proglacial Geomorphology and Sediment Assemblages at Franz Josef Glacier and Fox Glacier, South Westland, New Zealand, by Jonathan L. Carrivick and E. Lucy Rushmer.
- An Overview of Postglacial Sediment Records from Colluvial Accumulations in Northwestern and North Iceland, by Armelle Decaulne, Borsteinn Saemundsson, and Helgi Pall Jonsson.
- Factors Controlling the Distribution of Mountain Permafrost in the Northern Hemisphere and Their Influence on Sediment Transfer, by Bernd Etzelmuller and Regula Frauenfelder.
- Fluvial Impact of Extensive Active Layer Detachments, Cape Bounty, Melville Island, Canada, by Scott F. Lamoureux and Melissa J. Lafreniere.
- Investigating Channel Response to a Dambreak Flood Event in an Alpine River - Downstream Trends in Stream Power and Channel Bed Particle Characteristics, by David Morche and Katja Laute.
- Erosion of Sediment and Organic Carbon from the Kara Sea Coast, by Irina D. Streletskaya, Alexander A. Vasiliev, and Boris G. Vanstein.
Other articles in this volume include:
- Seasonal and Interannual Dietary Variation during Winter in Female Svalbard Reindeer (Rangifer tarandus platyrhynchus), by Eirin Bjorkvoll, Bard Pedersen, Hakan Hytteborn, Ingibjorg S. Jonsdottir, and Rolf Langvatn.
- The Evolutionary Significance of Seed Germinability in an Alpine Meadow on the Eastern Qinghai-Tibet Plateau, by HaiYan Bu, GuoZhen Du, XueLin Chen, Yifeng Wang, XiuLi Xu, and Kun Liu.
- Pollen Limitation in the Alpine: a Meta-Analysis, by Raul Garcia-Camacho and Orjan Totland.
- Characterizing Betula litwinowii Seedling Microsites at the Alpine-Treeline Ecotone, Central Greater Caucasus Mountains, Georgia, by Nicole M. Hughes, Daniel M. Johnson, Maia Akhalkatsi, and Otar Abdaladze.
- Effects of Nitrogen Fertilization on Plant Communities of Nonsorted Circles in Moist Nonacidic Tundra, Northern Alaska, by Alexia M. Kelley and Howard E. Epstein.
- Using a GIS to Quantify Patterns of Glacial Erosion on Northwest Iceland: Implications for Independent Ice Sheets, by Sarah M Principato and Jeremiah S. Johnson.
- Glacial-Geologic Evidence for Decreased Precipitation during the Little Ice Age in the Brooks Range, Alaska, by Janelle J. Sikorski, Darrell S. Kaufman, William F. Manley, and Matt Nolan.
- High Species Turnover and Decreasing Plant Species Richness on Mountain Summits in Sweden: Reindeer Grazing Overrides Climate Change? Comment by Leif Kullman.
- High Species Turnover and Decreasing Plant Species Richness on Mountain Summits in Sweden: Reindeer Grazing Overrides Climate Change? Reply by Jon Moen and Anna Lagerstrom.