The Education Outreach Specialist will develop and deliver content for a portable planetarium that travels around the state of Alaska. The specialist will also develop and deliver content for a "Family Science Day" at UAMN. The position will require travel to rural Alaska and is a full-time, temporary position.
Candidates must hold a Bachelors Degree in science, anthropology, education, science education, or other relevant field. Other required qualifications include:
- Teaching or outreach experience;
- Demonstrated understanding of formal and informal teaching techniques;
- Knowledge of Alaska Native cultures;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including public speaking;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications including but not limited to Word, Excel, and PowerPoint;
- Excellent follow-through skills; and
- Demonstrated ability to work tactfully and effectively with people from various cultures.
All applications must be submitted online by Tuesday, 15 September 2009. For further information, please search for posting number 0058266 at: http://www.uakjobs.com.
Museum Position Available - Education Outreach Specialist
Thu, Aug 20, 2009
The UA Museum of the North (UAMN) in Fairbanks, Alaska is recruiting an Education Outreach Specialist to collect and record Alaska Native oral histories about the night sky. These recorded stories will be incorporated into the portable planetarium presentations.