After 10 years of UArctic being in existence, this year's issue of Shared Voices looks 10 years into the future and the role of UArctic in Arctic development until 2021.
The 2011 issue includes articles on:
- The University of the Arctic in 2021, by Barry Scherr, Chair of the UArctic Board
- How Will UArctic Proceed with Indigenous Issues Towards 2021? by Jan Henry Keskitalo, Vice-President Indigenous
- A Vision – The Future of Scientific Work in the Arctic in 2021, Chris Southcott, Professor, Lakehead University
- The Future of Arctic Cooperation and Governance, an interview with Gustaf Lind, Swedish Senior Arctic Official
- The Voice of Arctic Students, by Nikolas Sellheim, current UArctic intern and student of MA Polar Law at the University of Akureyri, Iceland
- Can Reykjavik Be a Good Place for Starting a Research Engine, by Asgeir Solstad, Assistant Professor, University of Nordland
- Will There Be a Physical University in Northern Canada, by Sarah Wright Cardinal, President, Aurora College
- GoNorth & Catalogue – New Ways to Serve Students and Institutions, by Astrid Revhaug,Head of International Office, University of Tromsø and Scott Forrest, Information Manager, UArctic International Secretariat
The print publication has become a yearly signature for UArctic and its members. Featuring articles on UArctic’s programs, stories from its students, as well as contributions from outside of UArctic, the magazine covers a broad spectrum of issues from Arctic education to circumpolar cooperation.
Beginning in 2007, Shared Voices magazine has featured a collection of articles related to UArctic activities and programs, from a variety of its members and supporters. The magazines also feature articles from guest authors from around the Arctic region.
Please click here to view to Shared Voices magazine 2011.