The funding from MobilityDK made it possible for me to participate in the International Congress of Arctic Social Sciences (ICASS) VIII this spring at University of Northern British Columbia. The aim with the visit was to represent our new research center and upcoming specialization in Arctic studies at Aalborg University as well as present my research.
What kind of new opportunities did the mobility create?
- To participate in ICASS brought inspiration to our curriculum in Arctic Studies as well as concrete appointments with future guest teachers
- I ended up being invited to contribute to special issues on mining and sustainable development in the Arctic.
- I meet up with other UArctic partners during the conference and had the opportunity to learn more about the networks and programs
- I was furthermore invited to participate in the development of a new Nordforsk-application by colleagues from KTH Royal Institute of Technology in Sweden.
- After I returned to Denmark I got invitations to present my work at other UArctic Research centers.