The goal of the conference is to explore the lessons of existing regional cooperation in the Arctic across a range of specific themes:
- Cross-Arctic innovation and entrepreneur networks and industry development
- Addressing climate change and environmental challenges through regional networks in the Arctic
- Collaborative approaches for developing and diversifying regional resource based economies
- Community based cooperation in the Arctic
- Collaborative regional energy projects in the Arctic
- Developing regional transport/accessibility solutions in the Arctic
It is also intended to discuss how strategic approaches to regional-level cooperation could be strengthened, encompassing both Arctic and near-Arctic partners.
The conference will include a number plenary sessions, involving speakers from EU institutions national governments and international organisations involved in regional-cooperation in the Arctic. It will also involve thematic working group sessions to facilitate in-depth discussion on the above Arctic-related issues.
We anticipate a high demand for this event, and there are only a limited number of places available. In order to reserve your place you are therefore encouraged to register early using the following link.
The Conference website (www.arcticconnections.eu) provides further information including the latest conference programme and practical information (travel and hotels). Conference documents will be uploaded closer to the date of the meeting.
If you have any questions please feel free to contact EPRC Conference Manager, Lynn Ogilvie at firstname.lastname@example.org