The first international NBE Conference was held in 2005 and the second one, NBE 2007 Conference, The Power of Media in Education in 2007. The third NBE conference was held in connection with the ISATT 2009 Conference. These three conferences were organized at the University of Lapland in Rovaniemi, Finland. The fourth NBE Conference, The Social Media in the Middle of Nowhere, NBE 2011, was organized in Sallatunturi, Salla and the fifth, Media Education in No Man’s Land, in 2013 as well as the sixth, In the Light of the Midnight Sun in 2015 in Pyhätunturi, Finland.
In 2017 the conference returns to Rovaniemi and it is organized right before the Finnish Educational Research Association (FERA) Conference on Education, which offers you an excellent opportunity to combine these two events.
MEC is organized by the Centre for Media Pedagogy at the University of Lapland.
Themes and Topics
- Augmented Reality, Virtual and Simulation-Based Learning
- Internet and Social Media in Everyday Life
- Learning Analytics
- Learning Environments
- Media and ICT in Teaching and Learning
- Media Education for Social Change
- Mobile Learning
- Media Literacies
- Pedagogical Models in Educational Use of ICT’s and Media
- Playful and Game-Based Learning
Important dates and deadlines
- Deadline for abstract submissions 21 August 2017
- Notification of acceptance sent to authors by 2 October 2017
- Deadline for early-bird registration 16 October 2017
For more information, visit the conference webpages