Russian Association of the Indigenous Peoples of the North (RAIPON), Interregional social movement "Association of teachers of native languages, literature and culture of the indigenous peoples of the North, Siberia and the Far East", Scientific Research Institute of National Schools of the Republic of Sakha (Yakutia), and Herzen State Pedagogical University of Russia invite teachers of native languages and literature, tutors, education officials, representatives of vocational education institutions, science, public organizations and media to participate in the Congress.
The Congress will focus on the following topics:
- improving the implementation of Russian legislation to support indigenous languages and measures for its implementation;
- developing educational programs and textbooks for native languages and literatures at different levels of complexity and different focus, taking into account the needs of students;
- discussing measures to increase motivation among indigenous children and youth to master their native languages;
- the role of indigenous culture of the North, Siberia and the Far East in the formation of civic and ethnocultural identity in children and youth;
- presenting innovative forms and technologies for teaching indigenous children (best practices), creating conditions for various educational institutions teaching indigenous in accordance with their needs (language "nests", nomadic schools and etc.).
Applications are to be sent to email@example.com before October 30, 2019.
The Congress delegates will be able to participate in the International conference "The Reality of Ethnos" held at Herzen State Pedagogical University of Russia on November 27-28, 2019. The topic of this year's conference is "Native language, folklore, culture and literature of the indigenous peoples of Russia in the education system: problems and prospects of preservation and development".
Russian Association of the Indigenous Peoples of the North (RAIPON) has been a member of the University of the Arctic since 2001; Scientific Research Institute of National Schools of the Republic of Sakha (Yakutia) has been a member of the University of the Arctic since 2009; and Herzen State Pedagogical University of Russia has been a member of the University of the Arctic since 2011.