Travel support via this process is currently available for:
- Early career researchers up to 5 years past PhD with an Arctic research focus (an allowance will be made for career breaks such as parental leave)
- Arctic researchers of all career stages at Russian institutions and/or focusing on the Russian Arctic
- Indigenous Arctic Experts of all backgrounds and career stages (defined as researchers and /or Indigenous Knowledge holders who are of Arctic Indigenous heritage, in particular, those represented by the Arctic Council Permanent Participants)
Further application criteria:
- Active participation in the conference including but not limited to giving an oral or poster presentation in the Arctic Observing Summit 2020 (31 March - 2 April 2020 as part of the ASSW 2020) or organizing / participating in an Arctic science community or business meeting
- Affiliation with an institution / organization in an IASC member country (Austria, Canada, China, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Iceland, India, Italy, Japan, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Russia, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom, United States)
APECS will coordinate the application and distribution process of the funds provided by IASC. We encourage other partner organizations to get in touch with the APECS International Directorate Office at email@example.com if you want to take advantage of having your early career travel funds for the conference distributed via this APECS-led application process.
These travel awards may only be able to cover part of your travel costs and the costs will be reimbursed after the meeting based on receipts that you provide (all grantees can elect to have their registration fees billed to IASC, pre-travel reimbursement may or may not be possible; Indigenous participants with full funding can have their travel paid in advance by IASC).
Please submit your application via this online form by no later than 12 December 2019 at 07:00 am GMT. Late applications will not be considered. No exceptions will be made.
Your application will be evaluated solely on the information you provide via the form. We will not accept other material via email (unless you were asked to provide additional material by the APECS Secretariat). All questions are available on the first page. There is no second page with hidden questions. Note that several of the questions are designed so we know which funding source(s) you qualify for, so please answer all the questions as completely as possible. Should other funding become available with additional requirements, we will announce this and give applicants who have already submitted the opportunity to update their application form. Should you have problems accessing the online form, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to receive a Word version of it.