Organizers invite papers and presentations covering one of the following themes:
- Climate change as a challenge for organizations in the Arctic
- Climate change and the rights of present and future generations
- Live, work or leave? Youth wellbeing and the viability of Arctic towns and cities
- Polar regional change: physical, social-ecological and economic feedbacks
- Arctic entwinements of energy, climate and politics
See more detailed instructions from the conference website. Abstracts should be sent before August 23, 2019 by email to email@example.com.
The first conference day will feature expert speeches and panel discussions, and the second day will focus more on scientific presentations. The side events of the conference may also raise other themes.
The main organizers of the conference are the Arctic Centre at the University of Lapland and the City of Rovaniemi. During the event, the Arctic Centre will celebrate its 30th anniversary. Rovaniemi Arctic Spirit has been organized in Rovaniemi every two years since 2013 and is the only regular international Arctic conference in Finland. The 2019 conference will bring continuity to Finland's Arctic activities after the end of Finland's chairmanship of the Arctic Council.
The University of Lapland has been a member of UArctic since 2001. It also hosts the UArctic International Secretariat.