This full-time, permanent position may be located in Fairbanks, Alaska or remote.
TFS provides logistical, operational, and scientific support to visiting scientists conducting Arctic research.
The web (full-stack) developer will have both front- and back-end web experience with a strong emphasis on web-based application and services development. The successful candidate will continue the development of the Toolik Field Station website (front-end) and our web-based applications through a dashboard that we call myToolik (back-end). This dashboard is database driven and has become fundamental to the day-to-day operations of the station to both staff and researchers visiting the station.
Duties include communication, troubleshooting, web development, server administration, and web application development.
Required experience and education include:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, software development, software engineering, or related field or equivalent education and experience;
- A minimum of two years of experience involving:
- Programming web applications;
- Operating, maintaining, and supporting web applications, and
- Gathering requirements, planning and documenting work, and leading the development of web projects;
- Experience with two of the three computer languages HTML, JAVA, Python, CSS, or other related languages; and
- Experience querying databases with SQL or similar.
Applications must include a resume, cover letter, and the names and contact information for three professional references. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until a successful candidate is identified.
Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States without restriction. Applicants who now or may in the future require visa sponsorship to work in the United States are not eligible.
Application deadline: Open until filled
For more information and to apply, go to:
Full position description
For questions, contact: