The aim of the TN is to exchange knowledge and research about E-learning, flexible education, and discussions of the methodology. It will focus on the learning processes, pedagogy, and appropriate information technologies necessary to deliver content to and support distant learners.
Thematic Network on Distance Education and e-Learning
Started in 2008 with funding received from the Norwegian Ministry of Education and Research. University of Tromsø, Department of Education, is the lead and the host institution in the network, with partners from Nordic countries, and along with from Russia, and Canada.
- Share experience from E-learning with members of the TN
- Identify the relevant challenges and problems in the field of E-learning in the Arctic countries
- Facilitate student and teacher exchange
- Facilitate collaborative research projects, conferences, and publications in the area
- Send applications for funding the network and activities within the network
- Barents Flora Online, online learning resource
- Lars Levi Læstadius research network LLL Online
- Arctic Frontiers, 1-4 Feb. 2021
- Publish a MOOC on Northern Lights (no funding yet)
- Start developing a joint north2north student PhD course on flexible education
- The ICCIT online conference November 2020: Proceedings
- Frontiers in Open and Distance Learning in the North. Special issue of IRRODL (4/2011)
- Creative use of LMS, wikis and mobile technologies for learning. Proceedings, 2012.
- History of Venus solar transit observations from the high North. Proceedings, 2013