The Postdoctoral Fellowships in Polar Regions Research program supports training and research for recent doctoral degree recipients in any aspect of scientific study of the Antarctic and/or the Arctic within the Office of Polar Programs (OPP) program areas. The program also provides travel grants to those eligible for fellowships for the purpose of meeting prospective mentors and colleagues, presenting seminars, discussing mutual research and/or education interests, evaluating facilities and professional development opportunities, and initiating collaborative relationships.
The fellowship program develops and trains recent PhDs (especially those new to polar research) with concomitant goals to:
- promote scientific research in polar regions;
- support innovative research in emerging areas;
- encourage interdisciplinary research;
- foster activities that create broader impacts for science and
- increase the participation of under-represented groups in polar
Proposal Deadline: 28 December 2009.
For further information, please go to:
Postdoctoral Fellowships in Polar Regions Research: National Science Foundation
Wed, Oct 07, 2009
The National Science Foundation (NSF) is accepting applications for its Postdoctoral Fellowships in Polar Regions Research program.