The applicant is expected to:
· Have completed at least one post graduate degree in the field of tourism, business and marketing, economics and/or geography.
· Submit an abstract (500 words) outlining the applicants vision for the project.
· Submit a letter of recommendation from prior academic supervisors.
· Submit a detailed CV of education and academic activities.
· Submit a cover letter expressing willingness to commit to the project.
The applicant is expected to undertake qualitative research in addition to working with statistical analysis of customer data from private and public sources. The ideal candidate is numerical, with a strong statistical background in addition to experience and/or education in economics, marketing or in related fields. Icelandair Group will provide access to their business data under terms of confidentiality. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to partake in business development and inform marketing strategies, deliver research papers on the research topic to peer reviewed journals and deliver research findings to industry stakeholders in context relevant format. If tailored as a PhD or post-doc project a supervisory committee will be university led and the student registered at the University of Iceland.
The applications should be delivered no later than 1st December to Edward H. Huijbens, the director of the ITRC via e-mail: email@example.com