The two-day seminar will be a forum to explore common perspectives and future challenges of Europe's and Canada's northern regions, and discuss, exchange ideas and share experiences, to debate and gain the insights on the provision and delivery of health care in the north.
The anticipated outcomes will be to generate new research ideas; develop research agendas and the formation of networks through collaborative partnerships; and draw lessons from cross country comparison studies.
The Seminar will address the following thematic issues:
- Prevention strategies
- Implementation/provision frameworks
- Education programs
- Administration of health care systems
These themes will be covered in the following six sessions:
1. Health Care Systems in Northern Regions
2. Health and Wellness in the North
3. Risk, Health and Safety
4. New Challenges in Healthcare
5. Health Education
6. Policy Issues and Challenges
More information on the seminar from Thule Institute: Seminar website.