As the largest annual Arctic research gathering held in Canada, the ASM welcomes over 500 participants annually and is the ideal venue to present results from all fields of Arctic research and stimulate national and international networking and partnership activities. Scientists, policy and decision makers, representatives of government and non-government organizations, the private sector, Inuit and northern stakeholders and media are invited to join us at ASM2016 to address the global challenges and opportunities brought to the Arctic by climate change and modernization.
CALL FOR ABSTRACTS:
Abstracts for oral and poster presentations addressing all fields of Arctic research are now being accepted by completing the online abstract submission form available on the ASM2016 website. The deadline for abstract submission is Monday October 3, 2016.
There are also several proposed dedicated Topical Sessions – please contact the convener or identify the Session Title in the ‘Category/Theme’ field of the Abstract submission form if you wish to participate:
- Coastal Permafrost (Dustin Whalen / Hughes Lantuit: firstname.lastname@example.org; Hughes.Lantuit@awi.de)
- The Beaufort Sea Ice and Ocean Regime (Alexandre Forest: email@example.com)
- Kitikmeot Region Science Program (Kristina Brown: Kbrown@whoi.edu )
- Hudson Bay Region (Lauren Candlish: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- GEOTRACES (Roger Francois : email@example.com)
- Oil in the Arctic – Science and Policy Issues (Gary Stern / Casey Hubert: firstname.lastname@example.org ; email@example.com)
- Inuit Health Metrics That Matter (Sherilee Harper: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Glacier Changes (Luke Copland / Anna Crawford: Luke.Copland@uottawa.ca ; email@example.com)
- Sea Ice Physical and Biological Processes (C.J. Mundy: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Participatory Research: State of the Field (Noemie Boulanger-Lapointe: email@example.com)
Posters presented by graduate students are eligible for the Graduate Student Poster Awards.
The ASM2016 is a 5-day Conference beginning with Student Day at 8:30 on Monday December 5, 2016. The official opening session of the Conference will be at 13:30 on Tuesday December 6 and the Conference will finish at 12:00 on Friday December 9, 2016.
The Conference Banquet will be held Wednesday December 7 at the RBC Convention Centre and is included with your registration.
Polar Knowledge Canada is pleased to host a Reception to celebrate Women in Northern Science Thursday December 8 between 5:00 pm – 6:30 pm. This event will feature complimentary hors d’oeuvres and a cash bar followed by a Panel discussion and informal interactive session in relaxed atmosphere. No registration is necessary - all are welcome!
On the evening of Thursday, December 8, 2016 at 8 pm, all conference attendees are invited to the fifth annual Arctic Inspiration Prize Award Ceremony at the Winnipeg Centennial Concert Hall. In the presence of His Excellency the Right Honourable David Johnston, the Governor General of Canada, please join co-hosts Canadian Olympian Clara Hughes and Andrea Brazeau of Nunavik for an exciting evening featuring a performance of Vincent Ho’s Arctic Symphony by the Winnipeg Symphony Orchestra in collaboration with the Nunavut Sivuniksavut students. Admission is included with ASM registration and transportation will be provided.
On-line registration for the Conference is available on the ASM2016 website. Register before the early-bird deadline of Monday October 31, 2016 to save on your registration fee.
Our host hotel for the ASM2016 is the Delta Winnipeg, ideally situated in the heart of the city and conveniently connected by Skywalk to the RBC Convention Centre and in close proximity to downtown Winnipeg attractions.
Our block of rooms is guaranteed until November 7, 2016. Please book your rooms as early as possible by using the hotel reservation information provided on the ASM2016 website. Be sure to quote ASM2016/ArcticNet when making your reservation by phone in order to take advantage of the Conference rates.
VISIT THE ASM2016 WEBSITE:
Additional information on the conference, hotel & venue, and sponsor/exhibitor opportunities is available on the ASM2016 website.