The Thematic Networks is hosted by the Arctic DTU and its focus is to document issues and solve technical challenges related to water supply and wastewater in remote Arctic communities.
The Arctic WASH will exchange knowledge in the Circumpolar North, facilitate dissemination of current knowledge, develop courses for students and practitioners, and implement research projects on related matters.
During the next year, the Thematic Network plans to:
- develop a web-based course for university students at master’s level;
- develop a practical course in the field of water, sanitation and health targeted towards practitioners, civil servants and for students working in the Circumpolar region;
- facilitate exchange of researchers, teachers and students between the participating universities;
- Write a common scientific review on the water and sanitation situation in the Circumpolar North;
- organize a scientific session at the 2018 UArctic Congress in Oulu and Helsinki;
- apply for funding for research projects involving partners from the network.