The Business and Community Meetings includes annual meetings of the participating organizations:
- International Arctic Science Committee (IASC)
- Association of Polar Early Career Scientists (APECS)
- European Polar Board (EPB)
- Forum of Arctic Research Operators (FARO)
- Indigenous Peoples' Secretariat (IPS)
- International Arctic Social Sciences Association (IASSA)
- Ny-Ålesund Science Managers Committee (NySMAC)
- Pacific Arctic Group (PAG)
- University of the Arctic (UArctic)
In addition, other organizations and projects regularly hold workshops and project meetings at ASSW.
In odd number years, the ASSW also includes a Science Symposium. These symposia create a platform for exchanging knowledge, cross fertilization and collaboration and attract scientists, students, policy makers and other professionals from all over the world.
In even number years the ASSW includes the Arctic Observing Summit (AOS), a high-level, biennial summit that aims to provide community-driven, science-based guidance for the design, implementation, coordination and long-term operation of Arctic observing systems.