- Development of the Thematic Network on Social Work, facilitating conferences, seminars and publishing SWArctic Newsletters
- Development of e-learning master courses in a virtual campus, and facilitating student- and teachers exchange
- Facilitating academic publication; seminars to help publish articles based on master- or PhD thesis and developing the connection to Journal of Comparative Social Work (www.jcsw.no)
- Facilitating conferences and seminars
- Facilitating student- and teachers exchange
- Initiating cooperation amongst researchers
Nordic Master in Social Work and Welfare "NOSWEL" is a master's program supported by the Thematic Network on Social Work. The two-year joint study program involves three universities; Aalborg University in Denmark, Umeå University in Sweden and University of Stavanger in Norway. The student will spend one semester at each university, learning about the Nordic Welfare Models, welfare transition, innovation and user participation in an international classroom while developing new perspectives and understandings of the field of social work in a global perspective.
Read more about the NOSWEL study program here.
Current and Planned Activities
- Four Virtual network meetings
- Four newsletters a year
- Course development
- Support scientific journal: “Comparative Social Work”
- Practice placement exchange program