Arctic Academic Action Award - who will win?
On October 20, the finalists of the 2023 Frederik Paulsen Arctic Academic Action Award will present their projects in a special breakout session in late afternoon. The winner will be announced on the same evening at the reception open to all participants.
UArctic in the Arctic Circle Assembly program
For exact times and the full program, please visit the Arctic Circle Assembly website.
Thursday, October 19
- Session: The future of Arctic shipping in the era of geopolitical tensions and regionalization (organized by UArctic Thematic Network on Bioregional Planning for Resilient Rural Communities)
- Session: One health, One Arctic, One community (organized by UArctic)
Friday, October 20
- Session: Great power and strategic rivalries in Arctic cooperation (organized by UArctic Thematic Network on Geopolitics and Security)
- Session: Future of higher education in the Arctic (organized by UArctic Chairs)
- Session: Arctic science diplomacy: The next generation (organized by UArctic Thematic Network on Science Diplomacy)
- Session: The Northern Research Forum as an innovative model for open discussion (organized by UArctic Thematic Network on Geopolitics and Security)
- Session: Lighting talks from students: The winner of the My Northern Project competition (participants from UArctic member institutions)
- Session: The finalists of the Frederik Paulsen Arctic Academic Action Award: Presentations - Who will win?
- Reception: Declaration of the winner of the Frederik Paulsen Arctic Academic Action Award
Saturday, October 21
- Session: Indigenous reindeer herding youth: Pasture resilience on edge (organized by UArctic EALÁT Institute)
- Session: Inter-polarity: Exploring socio-political links between the Arctic and the third pole (organized by UArctic Thematic Network on Arctic Law)
- Session: A blue economy agenda for the Arctic? Perspectives on justice, diversity and inclusion (organized by UArctic Thematic Network on Blue Economy and the Arctic)