The Thematic Network consists of research, observations, infrastructure building, public outreach and joint education activities aiming to improve Arctic and space situational awareness and space safety.
- Examine long-term variability of geo-environment in the Arctic and its coupling to the extraterrestrial weather and climate. Share the data and knowledge on the Arctic and space hazards.
- Increase Arctic and space situational awareness and provide input to the national risk assessment and Arctic policy.
- Share educational material, good practices, on-line tools and remote educational infrastructures.
- Enable exchange of researchers at all career stages for collaboration in science and education, and enable double degrees and multi-disciplinary MSc and PhD degrees.
Current and planned activities
- A virtual meeting on discussing space related natural hazards and Arctic effects
- Exchange observations and data homogenization routines for improved long-term Arctic monitoring capability and organize joint measurement campaigns
- Share education material on space and geophysics related topics