The new Thematic Networks are:
- Arctic Telecommunications and Networking (led by the University of Alaska Fairbanks, USA)
- Working in the Arctic (Northern Arctic Federal University, Russia)
- Model Arctic Council (University of Alaska Fairbanks, USA)
- Northern Nursing Education (University of Saskatchewan, Canada)
- Teacher Education for Social Justice and Diversity in Education (University of Lapland, Finland)
- UArctic World Ensemble (UiT- The Arctic University of Norway).
The approval of new networks increases the number of UArctic’s Thematic Networks up to 33 networks in total. The new networks bring important contributions to UArctic’s common aims in research cooperation, knowledge sharing and joint education.
UArctic's Thematic Networks foster issues-based cooperation within networks that are focused but flexible enough to respond quickly to topical Arctic issues. Thematic Networks form a framework for development of UArctic education and research providing an optimal structure for increasing the knowledge generation and sharing across the North.
UArctic warmly welcomes its new Thematic Networks!