Most members and delegates of UArctic experience challenges internally within their institutions to sell the added-value of the UArctic cooperation to colleagues in communication departments and faculties. To engage and motivate more staff at UArctic institutions for the international cooperation depends on how the UArctic network is branded and communicated internally. At the same time, UArctic members need to learn more on how to brand UArctic as a network and market the North as a destination in the international market, especially how to use synergy effects between branding UArctic and the branding and marketing of their own institution. To reach out to students more effectively advice and training on how to improve the students’ side of the UArctic website is needed as well.
On completing of the three sessions, participants will be:
- Able to recognize the elements of brand theory most useful and relevant to their institutional context
- Able to identify the potential role a brand may play in education marketing
- Able to identify the internal steps needed in building their network’s brand
- Able to identify a potential brand position for their network of institutions as well as their geographical region in either the national or international market
- Able to identify and articulate key elements to support their marketing and branding campaigns in the future
- Able to draw out valuable and relevant lessons from the world of commercial branding
- Be familiar with the basic principles of online marketing
Venue of the Workshop: Levi Center Hullu Poro, Finland
Registration and Practical matters
UArctic members: 275 EUROS
The price includes participation in the UArctic workshop Monday-Wednesday as well as Finnish International Educator's Conference's Welcoming Reception on Monday, Opening Session on Tuesday 09:00-12:00, Dinner and Dance on Tuesday evening as well as coffee and lunch breaks. You are also free to attend any English-language session besides the UArctic workshop if you have time, but advance registration is required.
iE&D Solutions offers a session on “Selling free education” on Thursday morning 09:00-12:00. UArctic has reserved 10 seats in the workshop. GoNorth programme members can participate free of charge, all other UArctic participants are invited to register for the price of 100 Euros. If interested, please register for the session through the conferences registration form (Session H).
UArctic members register through the conference registration form, as participants, marking “Global Access” as group. Please register also for the Social programme (both Welcoming Reception and Dinner and Dance). If you plan to attend the English-language sessions B10, B11 or B12 on Tuesday morning or session H (Selling Free Education) on Thursday morning, please register for those as well.
Accommodation and Workshop Venue
The UArctic workshop venue is Levi Center Hullu Poro. It is therefore most convenient for UArctic to book also accommodation at Hotel Hullu Poro through the conference registration form.
Flights from Helsinki to Kittilä are operated by Finnair. Finnair tickets go half price after three nights stay - thus most cost effective flyers will stay till Thursday afternoon. Please find more information on how to get to Finland/Levi on the conference website.