The workshop will take place 2-6 May 2023 in Svalbard, Norway.
The workshop is open to ESA principal investigators, co-investigators, Sentinel-1 users, scientists, students, representatives from national, European, and international space agencies and value adding industries. No participation fees will be charged. Participants are expected to finance their own travel and accommodation expenses.
Organizers aim to provide student grants for up to 10 young career researchers to attend the workshop. Due to the capacity of the venue, the number of attendees will be limited to around 120.
The following targeting themes will be addressed:
- Wave Retrievals
- Near Surface Wind Retrievals
- Doppler Shift Retrievals
- Detection of Extremes
- Sea Ice Retrievals
- Sensor Synergy
- Methodology and Techniques
- Future Missions
The main objectives of the workshop are:
- To review the state-of-the-art in SAR-based geophysical parameter retrievals,
- To identify knowledge gaps and deficiencies,
- To identify distinct needs for validation, and
- To propose novel approaches for advancing scientific research and applications.
Abstract submission deadline: Wednesday, 25 January 2023
Registration deadline: 25 February 2023
For more information, go to:
For questions, contact: