Duties of the Tribal Liaison and Outreach Coordinator include:
- Lead implementation of the region's Model for Alaska Native Engagement plan in order to promote and increase tribal interests and engagement in participatory science and collaboration;
- Collaborate with designated officials and key stakeholders, both internal and external of the U.S. Geological Survey to provide a broad range of stakeholder engagement activities that will influence participation and collaboration;
- Act as the Alaska Region primary representative and resident expert for promoting tribal engagement strategies and ensuring activities and communication adhere to tribal cultural values;
- Identify specific needs, provides guidance, and develop employee training to enhance working relationships with Alaska Natives and Alaska Native organizations; and
- Develop, recommend, and implement regional policy and procedures supporting and promoting diversity and inclusion of Tribes in workforce development, other programs, and services, such as working with Tribal Colleges and Universities.
An average of two to three nights per month of overnight travel may be required for this position.
Application deadline: 27 November 2023
For more information and to apply, go to: USAJOBS - Job Announcement
For questions, contact: