We are a youth driven non-profit that believes in smashing the stigma surrounding mental illness and building a community of people who realize that hope happens when youth and community leaders work together. We hope that someday mental illness will be as normal to talk about as any physical illness, and are fiercely dedicated to making this goal a reality. Mental illness is a silent epidemic that affects one in five people worldwide. We want people to talk about mental illness, not feel isolated or feel alone. We want young adults to be able to break out of this silence and to talk about mental illness, not suffer alone or feel ashamed. We want everyone to know that hope actually does happen. We do this through outreach and advocacy work, and by coming together as a community to talk about mental illness in the same way that we talk about any physical illness.
1. We build community by planting hope gardens in the fall and welcoming the flowers in the spring.
2. We challenge perceptions of what mental illness “looks” like through our powerful I Am More: Facing Stigma exhibit and accompanying Facing Stigma: Creating Solutions teaching curriculum.
3. We speak at conferences, schools, and youth events. We want people to know there is help and that they are not alone.
4. We create mental health awareness programs that are engaging, purposeful and hopeful.
5. We energize young people to use their powerful voices to make a difference through our ambassador network.
6. We display helplines in school bathrooms so students know how to get help.
7. We believe that Hope Happens and that together we can smash the stigma.
Facts and figures
|Total Number of Staff||6|
|Number of Students||300|
Dialogue and Youth Engagement
Mental and Physical Health Activities and Seminars
Music and Art as Tools for Community Cuilding and Stigma Reducation